Sunday, August 12, 2007

Going to Phuket Island

Going to Phuket Island for a holiday was the last minute decision, after the initial plan to New Zealand failed.

The preparation, like sourcing for a hotel and confirm its booking, checking for the flight schedules and its loading etc, was all in a hurry too. Anyway, we managed to get it done in the very last minute.

Just pray the 6 day/5 night trip would be a fun one.


On 3-Aug, we woke up at 6.20am. After taking a simple breakfast, we left for the airport to standby. We were so lucky to get aboard Dragonair that would take us directly to Phuket Island, departed HK around 9.30am. A really good start, I would say.

The flight was smooth. We reached Phuket International Airport on scheduled time, 12.30 noon. Then, we hired a taxi to go straight to the hotel which is located in Kata Beach. That takes around 45 minutes, 650B.

On the way to hotel, KS told me Phuket time is 1 hour behind HK time. At first, I have not much feeling about it. Later on, I find that it's such a good thing cause time seems to span longer here. When my clock show 2pm, the local time is in fact just 1pm. How nice, we gain 1 more hour to play.

Frankly speaking, the things we see along the way from airport to hotel is really not fascinating. Roads are old, buildings are old, debris are dumped everywhere...I wonder why this place has become so famous and popular to the world? Of course, apart from it's one of the place where badly hit by tsunami 3 years ago.


Finally, we reached the hotel, Katathani Thani Resort & Spa.


The street outside there is nothing special.

But things are totally different when we entered the hotel. It's like a hidden paradise!


The 1st impressive scene I saw when we walked out the receptionist lobby.


While KS was busy checking in, the boys were busy water-hunting outside there too. I don't know what they expect to find there?


Finally KS came out the lobby with the key, all ready to go.

Before going to our room, we couldn't wait but to go to take a quick look at the beach. It's quiet and peaceful.


The hotel is not a high rise building, just consist of 3 storey. We stayed at the 2nd floor.


The interior is comfortable enough. Vincent sleep on the single bed there, while William was sandwich between KS and I on the King Size bed over there.


After taking off my backpack, I walked straight to the balcony.



And this is the view right in front of me.




Instantly, I know I'm going to love this place !!
*
*
*
(To be Continued)

1 Comments:

Blogger tasy said...

Quick! Get on with the 2nd instalments of your trip!

The hotel is really good looking, I would like to stay there too.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home