Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Farewell Lunch

It's a norm when a colleague leaves the company, the remaining will treat him/her a farewell lunch.
This afternoon, we had had another farewell lunch again. This time, JC is going to leave and today is his last day. Well, I can't remember JC is number-what colleague that leave this year. People come and go so fast, I have lost count and sort of get used of it already.
Same like many other previous farewell lunch, we walked to that same Chinese tim-sum restaurant that is located just opposite our office in order to save time. On the way to the restaurant, people start recap JC's history in our company. Question like : How long has he been working here? Has he got married? Does he has any kid? Then we realized no body actually know him well though he has been working here for 3 years. Sigh, I don't even know what's JC Chinese name?
After we were seated, we tossed to JC and wished him all the best in his future undertaking. As usual, we don't ask people his whereabout after the resignation. Anyway, someone envy him for leaving the company finally. Then, someone tossed to the remaining and wished us to leave the company asap too. It sounded like a joke? Maybe, maybe not. Of course, people said that only when the boss is absence.

Out of a sudden, someone asked me why I stay that long? Good question, I have been asking myself this question for many times too. So, I don't need to think a second before I said "I think working everywhere also got pros and cons. As long as the job still meet my requirement, I'll stay". There is a long lapse of silence before some one commented how true it is. I didn't know how other people actually feel about it cause we ended our conversation right here. As usual, we didn't go deep talking any serious topic at lunch time.

Next week, there will be another colleague leaving the company. Also, there will be a new boss reporting duty next month. Things and people move increasingly fast these days. Maybe this is a sign of a terrible storms?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home