Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mark Six Dream

I had a day dream again, this time I will win 33 mil dollars ...
*
My mind flys high away fantasizing the things I want to do with that huge amount of money. But, my dream burst and everything went back to normal after the draw result came out 9pm last night. No matter how hard I pray before the draw took place, my dream never come true. Well, maybe, not yet. (Sigh)
*
Draw result of 07/121 : 6, 10, 11, 14, 31, 40 Special no : 49
I've triple checked my lottery ticket, I strike 2 no this time (14 & 31, in the 4th set)
The best result I've got so far is to strike 4 no in a set. I won HKD320 as a consolation prize. That was back in year 2003, just a week before I found myself pregnant carrying my 2nd son. What's that suppose to mean?

The Mark 6 Lottery is a 6 out of 49 lotto game which is conducted by HKJC Lotteries Limited, a subsidiary of The Hong Kong Jockey Club



Everyone wants to win the 1st prize, some unknown genius have tried to answer the frequent-ask question as below :-

Question : What is the probability to win the 1st prize ?
Answer : 1 in 13983816 chances.
Mathematic work out : 1 /(49! ÷43! ÷6!) = 1 /13983816
*
Question : How many draws are needed to draw 7 consecutive numbers ?
Answer : 2045252 draws.
Mathematic work out : There are 49 numbers in Mark Six. If each draw draws out 7 numbers, then 42 numbers won't be drawn. That means there are 49! ÷ 7! ÷42! = 85900584 different draws in Mark Six. Since there are 42 different combinations of consecutive numbers in Mark Six, the probability of picking out one of them will be (1 x 42) / 85900584 = 1 / 2045252 .
*
Question : How long does it take to draw one of them out in Mark Six?
Answer : at least 13050 years if Mark Six is still held on every Tue, Thu and Sat.
(Well, I don't think there will be Mark Six after 10 thousand years)
*
In summary, if anyone wants to be rich by betting in Mark Six, it's only possible if one is extremely lucky. Seems silly to continue betting in those silly numbers, right?
*
Yet, people will continue putting their bet in Mark Six, for many reasons. For sure, the biggest reason is to get rich over night. How to define rich? My definition is : I can buy things without thinking of budget.

2 Comments:

Blogger tasy said...

It's 2 am and I am still awake!

Anyway, didn't know you buy these lotteries. I never have these kind of luck before, gamble what, lose what, so no-no for me.

If you really strike it one day, remember me, your dearest friend, huh?

2:03 AM  
Blogger tasy said...

OH, btw, you are tagged! Go to my blog to see what that means!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home